Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thankful


I am thankful; for Monday nights, rain storms, game nights with Eric the great storyteller that make both me and my character cry, coming home to the lights on and finding my flatmate puttering around the kitchen, friendships that are made over 5 years off shared stories, music, laughter and beautiful awkward moments, phone calls with people who've been apart of shaping your life and make brownies worth keeping, having roller blades on the way, her platonic wife Miss Thea and her silly cats. <3 


I am thankful for Fox's kitchen, Friday night game, coffee dates, Sunday gaming, DM's, critical hits  and every other month dinner dates with lovely women, 


I'm thankful for skype and my mother who will be soon going off to dance and then move back to the UK. I'm thankful for snail mail, ice lollies, chalk boards, best friends, web cams, rings that mean forever, old school friends, PGL, the climbing wall, the broken parts, the view from my window, the adventures I've had. I'm thankful for Team Katrine, the big bad's', trains, lip gloss, chai tea, falls that teach you to get up, spinning, 995 per minute, the repeat button, play list, people who show you who you don't want to be, old friends finding new love. 


I'm thankful for Star's monsters, adoption, the missing monkey,  pop tarts, grated cheese, The Rumi pocket book, hugs, cold feet, formatting, Edmonton, ETS and DATS, poetry, digital words full of art, possibilities, perfectly popped popcorn, her little cousin(s), Sam I Am and I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME WE LOVE EACH OTHER, my aunt who helped me find my feet in Ottawa, my family who love me across oceans, my sisters, my brothers. Old teachers, new mentors, older wiser friends, science, experiencing loss - so I can know what experiencing 'having' is like. I am thankful for the other side of the coin, walking between the blades and under the stars. I'm thankful for you understood. 


Most of all I'm thankful for everyone who, Loves me anyway. <3  



------------------------
I wrote that last night after I couldn't make sleep come, after game, after the walk in the rain. I wrote this to hold on even just for the briefest moment that piece of tangible emotions. It is so easy to be unfeeling. To easy some days. Hopefully I will keep this list safe and wash away the layers of grime away from my heart.

- Love you anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment