Sunday, May 23, 2010

Freak out about the Reach out.

Today I started my campaign to change the world. It started with a page Facebook | Borderline. I started a discussion, shared what was on my mind and got a few comments that inspired me to journal. So I thought I'd finish with a blog. 

When I first started Borderline I wanted two things. One, to turn my journey into a map for others to follow. Secondly, I wanted it to be an anonymous portrait of a lost girl making her own map. That was a month ago. I slowly started sharing it. First on a unfortunately inactive forum and then to a few people who promised not to judge and now I've started a page and invited people on my friend list who I thought might be interested. 

I do worry that the further I get from my anonymous world the harder it will be to lay bare and expose this part of me. Don't lose me to a label. I know how hard it is to look past the stigma, the media's portrait of crazy. 

My name is Katrine and this is my ongoing story of how I kick Borderline Personality Disorder's ass.  Ignore the stigma, let go off the outdated data and join me as I rewrite what it means to be Borderline. 

I wont pretend that this is easy. Looking at someone else crazy and weak moments is highly awkward. There are so many times I open Blogger in draft with so much to say and my fingers veto. I'm still learning how to do this. Thank you for learning with me. 

What would you like me to write about this upcoming week? 

*Creative Outlets 
*Empty = Eating 
*The Girl I don't like 
*PPHP
*Medication 
*CBT the group mess
*CBT Workbooks 
*Other? 

This quest is blessed; your seeking destroys the obstacles on the way of God. Your seeking is the key to what you seek, this quest is your army and the victory of your banners. - Rumi 

My fingers are at your command. Just like I love you, anyway. 



3 comments:

  1. Keep on writing and finding creative ways to express yourself as you navigate yout way to recovery. For me ...I'd say ..write from the heart and all will be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Empty = Eating-subject is very interesting and important. Been there for some moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NAN - Thank you. x

    Emeliswsb - Thank you for the comment, the support and the suggestion. Empty = Eating keeps haunting me. I shall write about it soon. :) Thanks again. - K

    ReplyDelete