Sunday, February 13, 2011

Numb

There are only so many times I can restart my brain with you. There are only so many times I can try again. My brain is humming, the last of the sick masks most of the rage. My limbs are heavy and feeling broken. There are only so many times I can sit there and try to decode the scribbles, curves and amplitude.

I can hope that tomorrow will be kind. I can pray for love, for time, for understanding. Today I'm just going to fade to gray. Shake it out, shape up and suck in air hoping it will fill the gaps.

Burn. Fly. Mend. Drop.

Take me by the hand, spin me around the dance floor and love me anyway. Maybe when I grow up I'll be more like you.  I miss maybes, and spinning on green grass as the sky loved me true. Tart sweet stinging lips, the best treat after a long day used to be you. Tattered memories pinned to the burning board. Dear K whoever you are in 10 years I pray to god you love her anyway.

Love her good.

K

2 comments:

  1. My darling Katrine, you may be a number of things ...but numb is not one of them... You are very much alive - it sounds like your nerve endings are raw from feeling too much.

    Start with a breath of cool fresh air - allow it to cool the flames of destruction that appear to be roaring right now. Inhale kindness, exhale hate, inhale forgiveness, exhale the pain, inhale gentleness, exhale bitterness, breathe darling Katrine, breathe.

    Know that love is within you now today - just as it will be 10 years from now. You are love and you are loved.

    Love,
    Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I love you always and forever and your words are so often a comfort. So much love. - K

    ReplyDelete