Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear me not you.

Dear Katrine,

It's so easy to look at the world and to say the world hit me today. I was just standing here and the world hit me. It's easy to hide behind the cake, the fat, and the loud so when "nobody loves you" it's okay. They didn't reject you, they just rejected that facade. I'm sorry that I've been punishing you for years for not being good enough, for losing things that were not in your power to keep. I keep beating myself for crimes that everyone else has forgiven, forgotten or just never known. How long do you need to punish me before you can let go, move on, and love me. Katrine I want you to pick me, chose me, LOVE me.

 I've wanted you to fall in love with me for ages. You're my best friend even when I forget to say hello, or I'm sorry, or I miss you. I know you lose your words, you hide and your often really mean to me. Grow up. Stop playing the girl games with me. Look me in the eye and just admit it. You love me, you miss me. You don't need cheese to be happy, hiding behind the cake is a lie. The world is your play ground and I'm the one who is going to catch you if you fall.

Always, forever. I love you anyway.

Love, Katrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment