Wednesday, June 23, 2010

- Day Nine -

Dear Katrine,

What happened to when you fall I'll catch you? The world is not your safety net. Far from it the world is your open ended adventure, it is full of unknowns, possibilities and boys that don't call you back. If on day nine you want to take take a break from it all I understand. You have every right to be hurt, to feel let down, to wonder. Just don't let the wind blow pieces of you away.

Worried about you,
Katrine

What do you do when the fleeting, flickering light of possibilities turns out? When you play the game knowing that losing might trigger the big bad. When it does trigger the big bad? Maybe day nine isn't a holiday from the project but more a challenge.

I found Katrine by admitting I was scared and feeling fragile. Not a pretty state to be in, but where I am. It is what it is. Huzzah for finding peace of mind in the storm of crazy.

I found Katrine by allowing myself to write this post. Sitting down and mapping out my thoughts and trying to avoid judgement is always a good exercise.

I'll be finding Katrine when I go play at the sprinkle park with some bubbles and maybe a slushy. Sometimes the best adventures are the ones you have all on your own.

I confess I need you to love me anyway.

- K

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for working through judgement and taking a step towards you! Know that you are loved even when you can't find the love within. Know that the love is always there ...sometimes it's a game of cat & mouse ..and heading to the sprinkle park to play with bubbles is a great wait to nudge it out into the open. Continue to seek you ... nurture you and loving you!

    Love you :-) Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Love you. Thank you. Always forever - I ended up passing the sprinkler park and sat near the duck pond. Bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete